Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Butterflies

Today I have a couple of cards to share using the newest released digis from Platypus Creek Digitals.
There are two new images Ulysses Butterfly and Cairns Birdwing Butterfly.  There is also a cutting file Solid Butterflies but I don't have a card made using that one yet.





Both images have been printed onto Express It blender card and coloured with Copics.  I've tried to stay as close to the actual colours of the butterflies, but if you head over to the blog you will see from the other Design Team samples that these images look fantastic no matter what colour you choose.

All the papers are from my scrap box.  I didn't have any matching ribbon, so I coloured it with my Copics.
The verse on the blue card is from The Artful Stamper and can be found here.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Share |

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi popping in with my DT hat on today,
Two fab cards, love the colours and the gorgeous butterflies.
Thanks for linking up with MIM this week
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Sandy DT

Danie May said...

Tracey both cards are just gorgeous I love how you chose to stay true to the butterfly species actual colors and can't believe you colored the ribbon with your copics to match. We are lucky to live in the vicinity of the Richmond Birdwing, which is so large and just magnificent to see.

Lisa M said...

Those are amazing bold butterflies. You can never get enough of them. Your designs are exquisite and I'm always thrilled to see people alter something to fit their needs. That ribbon looks fantastic!

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

WOW, I love butterflies and these are simply beautiful. I particularly like your blue card.

I saw your link at Make It Monday, I'm 170 & 230 this week. I'd love it if you stop by.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Debs M said...

lovely cards, saw them on mim x