Monday, May 7, 2012

Flower Sketch

There's a new challenge over at Platypus Creek Digitals and the theme this fortnight is Flowers.

Here is a card I made using the image Flower Sketch 1.  This image was previously available as a rubber stamp, but it is now available as a digi image and can be purchased from the digi shop.


The image was printed onto Express It blender card.  I've coloured the image using my Prisma Pencils and blended using Zest It blending solution.

I picked up the Zest It about 4 months ago at a shop on The Gold Coast, but this is the first I've used it.  It blended the pencils perfectly and didn't affect the ink from the image. 

The Zest It comes in a bottle as well as a pre soaked sponge in a screw top bottle.  

I simply dipped a paper stump blender into the sponge and blended. 

Another plus of this blending solution is that it has a pleasant citrus smell.

I've used my Spellbinders to make the decorative edge.  I've added a few drops of  white Enamel Accents along the border.
The little flowers on the corners of the image are from a string of pearl flowers from my stash.  

I will be linking this up to the following:

Share |

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi, popping in from MIM as I saw your card there, it's lovely, love the image and gorgeous colours. Thanks for the tip about the Zest-it. I've been looking for something like this for ages with no luck, so will try ringing around here in Sth. Aus.
Sandy

Sandy said...

Lovely card love the purple. Never heard of zest it will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing saw you on MIM sandy :)

Loz said...

Lovely card and colours Tracey..I saw this on MIM..Loz

Janette said...

Hi Tracey, Love your card such a lovely image. Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Shirley said...

A lovely modern image and pretty colours. It works well with dainty scalloped border.
I spotted your card on the make it Monday linky and popped over to say hi and take a better look at your lovely card.

Shirley

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Looks fab hun, great colour choice & layout!
Hugs Shell xx

Maria said...

Love the image and my fav colour purple. Fab card.
Saw you on MIM and had to pop over
Maria x

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Fabulous card and colours. I saw this on MIM..Faye

lindyloo said...

what a lovely image and love the colours thank you for joining us at crafty catz
linda x

Danie May said...

Tracey this is gorgeous and such a lovely image. I'm so pleased to hear you now have it as a digi. Your coloring is just beautiful and I really love the way you have accented the spellbinder scalloped edge!

Chris / CS Designs said...

Tracey, Saw your thumbnail on Make it Monday and just popping in to say hi. Very cute card. I love the purple.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Karen said...

What a truly gorgeous creation honey.
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.


Michelle said...

Lovely card! Such a wonderful image.

Love the spellbinders edge.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

-x-Nat-x- said...

This is so pretty! Love the colours you've used! Coming over from MIM
Nat -x-

NanaConnie said...

This is really beautiful! Saw it over on Make It Monday and had to come over for a closer look. :-D

Dora said...

This is gorgeous and so pretty, love the colours and style. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month and good luck. xxx