Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Beyond The Burtonesque Dolls

Introducing the brand new challenge blog Beyond The Burtonesque Dolls.  Our very first challenge has now been posted.  The theme this week is...

'Halloween' we want you to create a card/project inspired by your favourite Halloween film, book or memory


My card is inspired by my favourite memory. 

We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, so in 2009 my daughter and I attended the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in Disneyland.  We had also attended the party the year before, but in 2009 we decided to dress for the occassion.  My daughter dressed as snow white and I decided I was going as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.
Well lets just say I don't really have the figure to pull that one off, but I wore the costume and we had a blast.   
The Sally image was one provided by Betty from Simply Betty Stamps as a follower freebie last year.
The printed paper is from the new Halloween range of printed papers from Bazzill.
The flowers are from my stash and the leaves are cut using the Spellbinder die - Foliage.  
Share |

1 comments:

Monica said...

Such lovely foliage along with the flowers. Matches so perfectly with the flowers. And I like the girl's funny smile and that pumpkin is kind of scary - just as well as it matches well with the black flowers. So pretty and scary at the same time. Very creative! I like these not so scary cards for Halloween, you know... lol!
xxx Monica