Sunday, October 31, 2010

Simply Betty 12 Days of Halloween - Day 11

The 12 Days of Halloween over at Simply Betty Challenges are nearly finished. It's been such good fun, playing along. I've made more projects for Halloween in the past couple of weeks than I've ever made. The theme of the challenge today is 11 Bats a Flying.

I decided to do something a little bit different for this one. I did make a card and then remembered that I had some cool bat ribbon stashed away so had a change of plans.
Seeing that the Spring racing season has kicked off here in Australia and with Melbourne Cup coming up on Tuesday, I thought I would make some wearable art and create this fascinator. It may not win any prize at Fashions on The Field but I had fun creating it.




I cut the bats on my Cricut and then covered them with Black Diamond embossing powder. I added a few beads to some wire and added a few orange diamantes.

Share |

1 comments:

Gina said...

Cute, love all the bats!! I am with you. I have had so much fun with these challenges, I have never made so many Halloween projects before.