Thursday, September 23, 2010

Simply Betty Challenge 1

If you are a fan of Simply Betty Stamps, then check out their new challeng blog-Simply Betty Challenges. This is the first week of the challenges and I thought I would play along.

The theme this week is based on a pattern/colour combo, and the challenge is to use the photo below for inspiration. You can use the colours, pattern or both. I decided to use both. The image I have used is from the new Halloween Emo range. I've printed the image twice, once on patterned paper and once on my cardstock. I've cut out the dress and hat from the patterned paper and pieced this onto the image. The rest of the image is coloured using Copics. the bat is one of the new Halloween Spellbinders, and the cat border is from a pack of Bazzill Just The Edge Halloween themed borders I purchased last year. I've sponged the edge of the cardtock with Distress Ink.



Share |

6 comments:

Eulanda said...

Tracey you found us! YAY!!! Well I just love what you've done with this challenge!! I like her outfit and the bats are a nice added touch!! Great border of the cats too!! Thanks so much for joining us at our very first SBS challenge!! So nice to see you here and hop you make it back for another!!
Hugs!

Patricia said...

Thats so cute and I love the cat border punch, awesome job. Good Luck.
Thanks for much for joining us at Simply Betty Challenges, I hope we see you again.
~Patricia
SBC DT

Nat said...

So creative! Love all the Halloween elements on this card!

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful. I love the cat punch at the bottom of the card. Great colouring of the image. Love her socks. Thanks for joining us at Simply Betty Challenges. Hope to see you next time.
mwah
Trace

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Witch Betty could NOT be cuter!!! Love love LOVE!! Amazing job piecing her together as well as the general colors you chose!! I love all of your layers!!

Great job and thanks for joining us at the SBS Challenge blog!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

~Lady B~ said...

I love Betty's leopard print dress! Too cute! I also love the striped paper and border punch elements. fantastic job! Thanks for playing with simply betty challenges!

~lady b~