Monday, August 30, 2010

Burtonesque Dolls Challenge 16

Here is the card I made for this week's challenge over at The Burtonesque Dolls.

The theme this week was "Vincent" and the challenge was to take a paragraph from the poem and use it as inspiration for your project. I chose the following paragraph:

He doesn't mind living with his sister, dog and cats
Though he'd rather share a home with spiders and bats.
There he could reflect on the horrors he's invented
And wander dark hallways, alone and tormented
.
The stamp I've used is Charle's Tulips from the Gothic Cute range over at Tiddlyinks. I've used my Cuttlebug Spiderweb embossing folder to emboss the background paper. The spiderweb and bats are cutting files I designed. I've added black diamantes to the backs of tiny spider confetti. I've sprayed the spiderweb with Glimmer Mist and coated the bats with Glossy Accents. The image has been coloured with copics.
Vincent is a poem and short film. It can be read here and viewed here.

Share |

2 comments:

Eulanda said...

Ooooh I just luuuv your spider web behind your image. So cute!! And the embossing too. Great interpretation and that was my favorite paragraph as well. Thanks for joining us dolls at TBD this week!! Hugs!

Andrea C said...

love your colour scheme, great work x