Friday, July 9, 2010

The Pumpkin King

All Hail the Pumpkin King. I made this card this morning to submit to a couple of challenges.

The first challenge is over at The Burtonesque Dolls. This week the challenge was to make a card or project using your favourite Burton Boy. I decided to use my all time favourite character Jack Skellington from my fav Burton movie Nightmare Before Christmas. I didn't have any stamps but I did have lots of images stored on my computer from other projects. This particular image is a clipart picture I've had for some time, so not sure where I got it from.
The second challenge is over at Haunted Design House. The challenge this week "Wacko Jackos" was to make a project using jack o lanterns. What better subject than the Pumpkin King himself.
My card is pretty simple. For the smiling jack o lanterns I have used a rub on from Bo Bunny. The wording and image I've printed from my computer. The font is Nightmare Before Christmas. I've used Weathered Wood Distress Ink to stamp and sponge around the edges.
Share |

9 comments:

Barb said...

Great card, Tracey! LOVE Jack (who doesn't) and the rub-on is frightful fun, too... Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

That rub on is very cool! Wish it was a stamp.
Wonderful card. Jack rocks!
Thanks for joining us at TBD!

Andrea said...

this is a fantastic card, love that flower, love the stamps and the colour you have used is creepy cool x

DonnaMundinger said...

FABULOUS!!!! Love Jack and I think I may just HAVE that rub-on...WooHoo! Love this! xxD

Maz said...

Brilliant card - love the rub ons. You know, I have a copy of Nightmare Before Christmas but still haven't watched it - pretty bad eh?! x

Rosa Witten said...

I love your card! TNBC is my fav too and I love love love Jack!

Nancy said...

that rub on is way cool almost as cool as your card...this turned out spectacular....thanks for joining us at TBD this week...

Hugs
Nancy

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oh this is great! I love the background and the black and white! thanks for joining us at the Burtonesque Dolls this week!

Eulanda said...

So nice to see you back again! This project is just ... so ... OMG I LUV IT! Thanks for joining us dolls this week at TBD challenge!
Hugs!