Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Christmas In July Cards

I've been on a bit of a roll of late, getting quite a number of Christmas cards made. I usually find myself getting down to serious Christmas card making around about early December. I decided that this year is going to be different, and so far so good.


This first card I made using a stamp that has been in the bottom of my box of stamps for a very long time. I don't think it has been inked more than once and probably not in the last two years. The stamp is Snow People from The Artful Stamper. I stamped and embossed the image with black ink and clear embossing powder. I've coloured it in with Tombows (something else I haven't used much lately). I've used my spellbinders to cut the snowflake and to emboss the red cardstock. I've covered the snowflake with Royal Blue Art Institute Glitter. I will be entering this card into The Bah Humbug weekly challenge. The theme of the challenge this week is "A Christmas Scene"



The second card I want to share is made using yet another neglected image. This stamp is also from the Artful Stamper and is called Candy Cane Pots. The image has been stamped twice, once in red and once in black. I've coloured in the present pots using Copics. The greeting was printed from my computer. I've added buttons where the baubles should be and tied each one with a tiny bow using embroidery floss.
I will be entering this card into two challenges:
The theme this week is Buttons and Bows
&
The theme this week is Sweet Christmas Wishes
Share |

6 comments:

Debs said...

2 fabulous cards. Good luck with the challenges.
Take Care Debs xx

Lori said...

Oh wow these cards are just fabulous. I love the crispness to your designs, heck I love everything about both gorgeous, just perfect, thanks for joining DCD Christmas challenge!

Ann said...

wow these are just amazing cards. I love the flowerpots one and well all of them.
Thanks so much for joining us at Bah! Humbug! with these beauties.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Max said...

Fabulous cards Tracey. Nice that you are giving some of your early stamps an airing - it's amazing how easily we forget about things we have at the back of drawers isn't it? Your snowmen are super as is your sparkly snowflake but (like Ann) I really like your candy cane pots with the buttons and the sweet sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Irene said...

Hello Tracey

Two fabulous cards, different but to effective. I love the snowmen, they are so cute and adorable. Isn't it great when we find and use somthing that we forgot about. Gorgeous blue snowflake.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

luv
irene
xxxx

Maria said...

Such a pretty card! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long! Hope you'll play along with us again!

Maria