Friday, July 23, 2010

Halloween is Hoppin' at Tiddly Inks

It's Halloween in July over at Tiddly Inks, so to celebrate thay are having a Halloween Blog Hop. I love Halloween so I knew I had to participate. I purchased one of the newly released Halloween designs "Cast Your Spell" but I couldn't decide if I wanted to use it or my favourite, Gossmere. So rather than choose I decided to make two cards and use both.

The first card is the new design and I went for traditional Halloween colours. I've used my spiderweb Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background. The DP is from Bo Bunny. I've coloured the image and flower with Copics. The brad is one I picked up last year in America.



For my second card I've used Gossmere. I've also used the matching paper which I've printed onto the front of my card. It's a little difficult to see, but I had already made the rest of the card front when I decided to use it, and I didn't want to make the card too large. I've used Copics to colour the image and the ribbon. I don't have any Halloween wordings so I designed my own. I've used the spiderweb embossing folder again, but this time I sprayed it with some Glimmer Mist


Share |

33 comments:

Carisa said...

great cards - love the color combo on both.

Loopylou!! said...

fabulous cards hun, love the way your colouring matches the colours of your cardstock hugs lou xxx

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

great card! love the coloring :)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Great cards!! I love both of them and the traditional use of color! :) Fantastic. ;)

Kristen said...

Great cards. Love the colors !

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow, two great cards, amazing coloring!!

*Alison* said...

I like both of your cards.. great coloring.. My card is #8 I hope you will get a chance to stop by and let me know what you think of my card.. HUGS

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful cards

Shirley said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous. I love that since you could pick a favorite you did too, and you did them both exceedingly well.

Lisa said...

I would be thrilled to receive either one of these cards for Halloween - they are wonderful!!! I love the Gossmere image also and I really like how you have done her up in red and black and the sentiment is perfection :)

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE these! the simple color schemes are SOOOO effective! xxD

Maria Matter said...

oh these are fabulous Tracey!!! two great designs! great job on both!

mforquer said...

Wonderful job - the simplicity is perfect!

Gina said...

Love both your cards Tracey:D Hadn't seen the cuttlebug web folder, thats a "must have" :D XXX

hayward69 said...

Beautifully coloured images. Love the bat used on the flower and nice colours chosen.

Jayne xx

fi's cards and crafts said...

2 great cards...love your colouring.

fi

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Both of these are fab, but I particularly love Gossmere in red and black, she looks so wonderfully creepy :D

Isabelle said...

very nice cards!

Debbie said...

Beautiful. Love your colouring :)

Shelley said...

terrific cards! i love the orange & purple combo

Shelley said...

I just love the look of the embossing with the glimmer mist - I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the ideas!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Just gorgeous!

Caz said...

Fab cards, love the embossed backgrounds.
Caz
x

Trish Hughes said...

wonderful card, my favor is the second one!!! love all of the red!!!
Trish

Maz said...

Lovely cards - great colour combos. x

Barb said...

Both of these are great! LOVE the colors and fabby web background, too :)

itsabrt said...

Oh these are both splendid! Beth aka BR-T

Rosa Witten said...

Wow! Just beautiful! Love the colors. :)

Angela said...

Wow, you've been busy! These are both great!

Larissa said...

Fabulous cards! Love the embossing on the background!

Hugs,
Larissa

Maureen said...

These are both great! Love the colors and the embossed spider web backgrounds!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

A double delight!!! I love the spider web embossed backgrounds... the perfect settings for these wonderful images!

femke said...

hi tracey,

2 awesome cards!!!

greetings femke