Thursday, July 22, 2010

Glitter Angel

I made this card today for this week's challenge over at Winter Wonderland. The theme this week is Glitter & Angels.

Although difficult to see in the photo, this little angel really does sparkle. I decided to keep the card pretty simple with the minimal of embellishments so as not to take away from the glittery look.
For the backing I attached some Jac Paper to a piece of red cardstock before cutting it out with a Scalloped Rectangle Spellbinder die. After cut out, I peeled the backing off the Jac Paper and applied the glitter. The angel (from The Stamp Barn) has been coloured with Copics. I've added glitter to the swirls, dots, wings, collar, halo and lace on the bottom of the gown. The card is also shimmery as I've used Bazzil Diamond Bling cardstock. To finish the card I tied a simple bow with some shimmery organza ribbon.
Share |

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautiful angel card Tracey - it's so great to see this Stamp Barn one too!!! All her sparkle is just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!
Hugs, Danielle

downrightcrafty said...

Oh I love the red and the white going on in this card great contrast and such a lovely image too, like the gold halo and the glittery wings
thanks for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland, hope to see you back tomorrow for some more fun
Hugs Kate xx