Saturday, June 12, 2010

Burtonesque Challenge #6-Sweeney Todd

Here is my take on this week's challenge -Sweeney Todd over at The Burtonesque Dolls. My inspiration was the colour of Mrs Lovett's dress from one of the photos. I've incorporated some designer paper that reminded me a little of vintage wallpaper. I couldn't resist placing a meat pie in her hand in place of the skull that is in the design.

The stamp is Drama Queen from the Gothic Cute range over at Tiddly Inks. As the challenge was to use tools such as decorative scissors or distressing tool, I used deckle edge scissors to cut around the image. I've coloured the image with Copics. The flower is cut from Raven Bazzill using Spellbinders Blossom die and then I've wet and crumpled it to give it a distressed look.
Share |

2 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

Super cute card! I love he PIE! Thank you for joining us this week at The Burtonesque Dolls!

Betty

Eulanda said...

Great image and the pie idea is PERFECT!! What a superb extra touch! Thanks for joining us dolls at TBD challenge this week!
Hugs!
Eulanda