Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blossom Card

I made this card today for over on the Downunder Direct website. I've previously done a tutorial over there on how to make the flower, but I thought I would share a brief how to here as well. It is quite an easy technique, but I've also included a couple of photos.

Materials required to make the flower:

Spellbinder Die-Blossom
Wizard Die Cutting Machine (or similar)
Bazzill Basics Cardstock-two coordinating shades
JustRite Rubber Stamp (optional)
Stazon Ink Pad
Heat Tool
Water

Step One:
You will need to cut one each of the four largest dies and one of the smallest. I alternated layers using Petalsoft Bazzill and Romance Bazzill. If you wish to stamp a greeting as I have done, do so before cutting out so that you may position the die over the stamped image. You will need to use Stazon Ink for the stamping.



Step Two:

Dip each petal into some water, leaving briefly so that it soaks into the paper. Carefully scrunch up the wet petal as small as you can, and then very carefully open up. Scrunch up again if you want more texture.


Step Three:

Using a heat tool, dry each petal. Petals will curl and harden as they dry.

Once you haved dried all the layers, you can stick them together using craft glue or a split pin.

Share |

2 comments:

Kathlene said...

Just found your blog and wanted to compliment you on your beautiful cards. I love this distressed flower technique and am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Monica said...

I love this card... what a pretty scrunchie flower. Thanks for sharing the instructions. I love making scrunchie flowers too.