Saturday, January 17, 2009

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #51




I decided to have a go at Taylor's cupcake challenge #51. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to create when I started. It didn't quite come together as planned, but I'm happy with the finished results. The stamps I used were Easter Egg Tree from The Artful Stamper and one of the cupcakes from my Hero Arts cupcake set.
I stamped and embossed the main image and then coloured it in with Tombows. I stamped the cupcake seven times on shrink plastic, coloured them with my watercolour pencils then shrunk them in the oven. The finished cupcakes fit perfectly over top of the easter eggs on the Easter Egg Tree stamp. The paper I used was another sheet from my Provo Craft Pocket Full of Posies Stack. To finish off the cupcakes I applied Glossy Accents. The sentiment is from Sunshine Designs.
Share |

4 comments:

Taylor VanBruggen said...

So cute! If only cupcakes really did grow on trees! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Corie said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!

Kathryn said...

What an ADORABLE cupcake tree -- love it so much! :)

Kerry said...

The cupcakes look so good - you could eat them.
Love the card